- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA) is a common clinical condition which is most often ignored by the patients as well as the clinicians.
- OSA can be “with Snoring” or “without Snoring”.
- OSA leads to frequent spells of decreased oxygen supply to the brain when you are sleeping.
- The decreased blood supply to the brain makes the Brain fatigued and there is day time brain fogginess and sleep craving.
- OSA increases Stress on the body.
- OSA increases Obesity; and vice versa (Obesity increases OSA).
- OSA brings lot of Hormonal Changes in the body which causes the deterioration in the quality of life (with Low Energy, Depression, Sexual Dysfunction and other problems).
- OSA is an independent risk factor for Metabolic Syndrome, Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, Coronary Artery Disease, Depression, Dementia and many other medical conditions.
- Every individual should ideally be evaluated for OSA by simple “Sleep Studies”.
- AHI (Apnoea-Hypopnoea Index) of more than 30 calls for immediate intervention.
Copyright 2022. AMAAYA™ Clinic. All rights Reserved.
Address : #206, 'B' Wing, Swiss Palace Building, Near Lokhandwala circle,
Shastri Nagar Lane - 1, Andheri - (west), Mumbai, India - 400 053
Web Support by SOLNET