- The mantra of "Staying young" or "Delaying Aging" is to stay "Sexually Active"
- About 20 - 25% of middle aged men and women suffer from one or the other form of Sexual dysfunction.
- Because most of the people are reluctant to talk about their sexual problems, the issue gets unnoticed.
- The Sexual Dysfunction can be a marker of underlying Medical, Endocrinological, Psychological and Social problem.
- Sexual Deprivation to the spouse/partner because of ones Sexual Dysfunction leads to complications in the partner.
- Erectile Dysfunction should not considered to be a normal part of aging process.
Causes Of Sexual Dysfunction
- Hormonal Imbalances.
- Neurotransmitters defects.
- Addictions (Smoking)
- Life Style
- Mood disorders
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Not attracted towards the partner
- Sexual Exclusivity (Monogamy)
- Socioeconomic (Small houses having big families)
- Religious/ Cultural/ Social taboos
- Fear of Pregnancy
- No Sex education
- No knowledge of foreplay
- Monotonous Sexual activity
- Imperfect partner (in term of partner not bothered about sexual satisfaction of other partner)
- Forced Sex
- Premature ejaculation in male partner
- Trauma, Insults in early age.
- Usually attitude of male partners to see female partners as sex objects brings Sexual problems in the female partner.
Management Of Sexual Dysfunction
- Classify the Sexual Dysfunction (Libido, Arousal, Erection, Penetration, Ejaculation, Orgasm)
- Detailed Discussion about interpersonal relationship issues
- Identify the risk factors
- Elimination of risk factors
- Identification and treatment of underlying medical conditions causing Sexual dysfunction
- Investigation for Hormonal imbalances, Nutritional deficiency etc.
- Imaging for Erectile dysfunction (Penile Doppler etc)
- Hormonal and nutritional manipulation
- Stress reduction
- Sleep management
- Medical and Surgical management for Erectile dysfunction
- Medical and psychological management or arousal and orgasmic disorders
- Couple counselling is of utmost importance
- Education about Foreplay and use of non - genital organs for sexual pleasure.
Copyright 2020. AMAAYA™ Clinic. All rights Reserved.
Address : # 703 / 704, Aston building, Sundervan Complex, Shastri Nagar,
Lokhandwala Road, Andheri - (west), Mumbai, India - 400 053
Web Support by SOLNET